How to make time to date when you are a busy professional
That's the million-dollar question.
When you are maneuvering the dating scene, getting to know your potential partner is going to take some time. Based on a survey that was conducted by our team, professional single men and women who are navigating the dating scene stated that one of the biggest challenges they face as a busy professional is that they would love to go on more dates but they just don’t have the time.
Like, how is this possible.
In order to bring anything new into your life, especially a Powermate, you have to make room for them. Ask yourself the million-dollar question: How do I make time for dating if I am so busy? Let’s take this question one step further and ask yourself if you have actually created space for your new Powermate in your schedule.
Based on our research, these busy professionals receive feedback that they are too busy and focused to be emotionally available. Could this really be true or could this just be a hint to say, “I don’t want to go out with you”. Could this be a turn off from dating altogether and can it mean that you are settling for staying single, even though this is not what you want?
Here are 5 Things You Can Do When You Are A Busy Professional Who Is Looking To Attract Your Powermate:
- Ask yourself: Why Are You Wanting To Date?
- What do you want to accomplish when going on these dates?
- Are you only looking to socialize with like-minded professionals?
- Are you just trying to fill a gap in your life until your “real partner” comes along?
- Be emotionally available for when your new partner comes into your life.
- Ask yourself, have you dealt with the trauma from past relationships/breakups?
- Have you taken the time to cleanse your mind, body, and spirit?
- Do you allow yourself to let others think about you being in love to stop you from falling in love?
- Do you schedule your days/weeks to make time for dating?
- Are you working 18hr days, 7 day weeks or are you actually leaving time in your schedule for personal time?
- Do you hide behind “work” because it’s easier not to do the work that dating actually takes?
- If you are an entrepreneur do you only want to date entrepreneurs as they will be able to relate to your lifestyle/schedule?
- Learn how to communicate more effectively so that you can state the expectations of dating based on each other's schedules in the very beginning.
- Set the mood to have the conversation. Be sure that you are in a quiet place)
- Make a list of your expectations and be crystal clear in your conversation.
- Listen to understand what the other person is saying, not just to respond
- Have early conversations about lifestyle.
- Ask your potential Powermate what time he/she has set aside to date.
- Ask if they are career-focused or entrepreneurs (this will help each of you focus on your goals)
- Ask when they will be available to go on dates based on their lifestyles. Have they set aside specific day dates or nights?
Always remember that the process of dating can be simple if you allow it, but finding that true Powermate that you connect with on an emotional, spiritual, and mental level is not so easy. You will show up in your Powermate’s life when you are both ready, not when you are both perfect. You will both have to work together once you connect to make sure that you become the Power Couple you dream of being.
If you are looking for something meaningful and you want to stop dead end dating, be sure that your schedule is ready for it.
About the Authors
Rio and Micca Watkins are Powermate Relationship Strategists, Transformational Speakers, and Best Selling Authors of the Workbook EXPOSED ~ Love Unstuck. They are also coaches and matchmakers who champion busy singles who are sick and tired of the old way of building relationships and are just frustrated that they have wasted time going on bad dates with the wrong people. Rio and Micca believe that choosing a Relationship Coach or Matchmaker is the first step in your journey to your Powermate. It is time for you to do dating differently!